Final Four Preview
The first round wasn't upset-frenzy, but it built a FUN second round!!!!!! Notable names, UNC, Duke, Kansas, Tennessee, Gonzaga, etc. all won't participate in the Final Four.
Here are some highlights showing how we got to this point
- Gonzaga chopped up Florida State's powerful offense and made it useless to advance
- Purdue and Tennessee had many momentum shifts - turned out to be big ones. Purdue won in OT to make first Elite Eight since 2000
- UNC goes down! How much did it impact brackets? Auburn survived without Okeke.
- Houston's dominating, shool record-breaking season ends in the hands of UK!
- One of Virginia's few three pointers was at the best moment, ending Oregon's winning streak and Cinderella run
- Texas Tech outlasted Michigan to advance. How good will they be in later rounds? They would later face the Gonzaga buzzsaw.
- Duke barely won...again. How will it work for them against hot-shooting Michigan State? Question answered. They failed.
- Michigan State got back to where its potential could carry them. They even proved their bad tournament streak a "thing of the past" with their win over Wade-less LSU. They proved themselves with a date against Duke, and won, in the Elite Eight!
- Texas Tech won over Gonzaga to make it their first appearance in the Final Four in school history! The same thing happened for Auburn as they rolled over Kentucky in OT.
- Virginia and Purdue also went to OT. Virginia prevailed in an exciting game and won, to make it their first time since 1984 in the Final Four!
- Michigan State avenged its last match-up against Duke in March Madness back in the 2015 Final Four. This time, it was a fun, much closer game! Michigan State won by one point and will make it to the Final Four for the first time since 2015! Zion's valiant season comes to an end, but has a NBA sensation in front of him!
So that win by the Spartans capped off the second weekend. We have a fun Final Four with lots of potential and new teams fighting against old bloods! Virginia has been an elite team for many years, but March has proved unlucky for them. Not this year! They make it for the Final Four against Auburn, but lacks deep-run tournament experience. Auburn and Texas Tech are newbies in the Final Four. One team may be poised for a National Championship! It will be tough for both teams, especially for Texas Tech. The Red Raiders will draw the Spartans of Michigan State, coming off an impressive showing, putting off Duke.
Below will is the current bracket.
Go here for the printable version: https://www.printyourbrackets.com/ncaa-tournament-sweet-16-tv-schedule.html
Alright. Onto my predictions!
Michigan State can't win the national champion relying heavily on Cassius Winston. They need help from other athletes to win. The Spartans should be able to put down TTU, but they shouldn't overlook this one. Auburn is poised for a championship berth, and they only need one more upset. It's against a solid-looking Virginia team. For Auburn, it is possible, but they need a miracle to have a shot with UVA.
POWER RANKINGS OF THE REMAINING TEAMS
- Michigan State
- Texas Tech